Town Departments


 Chief Administrative Officer

The Chief Administrative Officer (CAO) reports directly to the Mayor and Council, and is the only municipal employee that does so. The CAO is in charge of all municipal staff and ensures that the policies and programs of the municipality are implemented. The CAO also advises Council on the operation and affairs of the municipality. The CAO performs all duties and functions assigned by the Municipal Government Act or by Council.

Phyllis Forsyth, CAO

Ph: 780-796-3731


 Finance and Taxes

Death and taxes  -  the only two certain things in life. Thankfully, you'll only find one of them at the Town Office. And our Director of Corporate ServicesSharron Sinclair, will be happy to answer your questions about the Town budget, grants, and tax assessments. You can email her at or call 780-796-3731.

The Finances and Taxes Department oversees all financial systems for the Town. It ensures fiscal responsibility with public funds and minimizes the Town's exposure to financial risk.

The Finance and Taxes Department provides the following services:

  • Taxation and assessment
  • Accounts payable and accounts receivable
  • Payroll and benefits administration
  • General accounting and financial services including annual budgets
  • Insurance and risk management services
  • Forecasting and strategic planning, including long term capital planning
  • Treasury services (investments, debenture financing)
  • Financial statements
  • Utilities
  • Financial and procurement services
  • The development of corporate financial processes
  • The setting of financial management standards
  • Monitoring of loans and contracts
  • Managing the Town's:
    • banking, operating and capital budget
    • capital asset and debenture system
    • accounts for the Town's cash investments

 Legislative Services

Everyone's favourite subject in social studies was Government. Right? Well if not, and if politics still confuse you, Director of Development and Legislative Services, Sherry Cote, will be able to clear things up regarding Council meetings, elections, economic development, or grants. You can email her at or call 780-796-3731.

The Legislative Services Department is the link between the public, Council, internal departments and external agencies.

Services provided by the department include:

  • Act as Executive Assistant to Chief Administrative Officer (CAO)
  • Prepare reports to Council, Council meeting agendas and minutes
  • Prepare and review Bylaws which are to be enacted by Council
  • Provide miscellaneous Council support
  • Address legal issues regarding the Town's authority, powers, responsibilities and obligations under the many pieces of Provincial legislation that govern and control the Town's day-to-day operations
  • Administer municipal elections
  • Coordinate appointments to Boards and Committees of Town Council
  • Act as Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Coordinator by preparing responses to requests made under the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (FOIP)
  • Handle petitions
  • Manage special projects
  • Assist in census proceedings
  • Provide legislative administration
  • Facilitate with the Subdivision and Development Appeal Board

 Planning and Development/Land Use Bylaw

Thinking about building a deck or fence? Interested in starting a business? The Bruderheim Town Office can answer all your questions about development and land use around town, or about the rules and regulations within the Town Bylaws. Call Director of Development and Legislative Services, Sherry Cote at 780-796-3731 or email her at for more information.
The Town's Planning and Development Department is responsible for all aspects of land planning, ensuring that development occurs in an organized and rational manner, balancing Bruderheim's natural, social, and built environments.
The Planning and Development Department provides the following services:
  • The processing of:
    • Development permits
    • Business licenses
    • Compliance certificates
    • Applications for subdivision
    • Applications for rezoning
  • The preparation of:
    • Population counts
    • Populations projections
    • Inventories of industrial and commercial properties
    • Growth forecasts
  • The review and establishment of:
    • Land Use Bylaws
    • Policies and procedures

 Public Works

Look up, look down, look around. Everything from the hanging flower baskets and snow-shoveled walking trails, to the fresh cut grass and newly-sealed roads is an achievement of Public Works.

If you have questions or comments, please contact Dennis TomuschatDirector of Infrastructure Services, at the Town Shop: (780-796-3731) or at

Services Provided by Public Works:

  • The connection, disconnection, replacement, and alteration of water service
  • Water main repairs
  • The installation and replacement of water meters
  • Maintenance and inspection of sewer lines
  • Wastewater treatment
  • Major road maintenance-overlays
  • Snow removal and ice control
  • Alley and gravel road grading
  • Sanding - when the streets get icy
  • Rock chipping of selected icy sidewalks, parking lots, walkways and stairways
  • Street cleaning / sweeping - April
  • Pothole patching - May
  • Dust suppression
  • Street repairs - June - July
  • Sidewalk repairs - June - July
  • Crack filling (tar) - May
  • Line and crosswalk painting - August
  • Walking trail system maintenance
  • Sign replacement and repair
  • Planning for new roads and sidewalks
  • Traffic signal repair and planning
  • Manage and operate the water distribution system
  • Manage and operate the waste water collection system
  • Manage and operate the waste water treatment plant
  • Water reads monthly
  • Maintenance of playgrounds
  • Arena operation and maintenance of ice and building
  • Manage and maintain all Town-owned buildings
  • Campground operation and maintanace
  • Maintain forganic waste site
  • Operate and maintain Cosmic Skate Park
  • Landscape maintenance 
    • Grass cutting (fields and boulevards)
    • Weed control and inspection,
    • Tree planting and care
    • Watering of trees and flowers, as well as weeding, tree trimming, and planting
    • Communities in Bloom program support