What if I don't agree with my property tax assessment?

Before filing a complaint about your tax assessment, it is recommended that you contact an assessor to discuss your assessment. The assessor can provide you with information on how your assessment was prepared and help you to determine whether your assessment is correct and equitable in relation to similar properties.