- Automatic Withdrawal:
We are now offering all residents an automatic withdrawal for paying utility bills. Your water bill can be automatically withdrawn from your bank account on the 15th of every month.
If you're interested, please fill out this form, attach a void cheque and stop by the Town Office (5017 Queen Street) We will do the rest!
- In person
- Pay with cash, cheque, money order or debit at the Town Office (5017 Queen Street; Monday to Friday 8:00am to 12:00pm and 12:30pm to 4:00pm)
- Sorry, we do not accept credit card payments
- By Mail
- Mail a cheque or money order (no cash please) to:
Town of Bruderheim, Box 280, Bruderheim, AB T0B 0S0
- Library Drop-Box
- You may drop your check or money order, along with the bottom portion of your utility bill, in a sealed envelope marked 'Town of Bruderheim' into the Metro Kalyn Community Library drop-box (5017 Queen Street)
- Town Administration staff check the library drop-box every weekday morning
- Please be sure to include your account number
- Online / Telephone Banking
- Payments can be made through most financial institutions
For utility billing inquiries, hook ups or disconnects, please contact the Bruderheim Town Office: 780-796-3731; 5017 Queen Street.
What form do I use to apply for the connection / disconnection of utilities?
Please fill out these forms to apply:
Water meter readings are taken every second month. Every other month, estimates are used to calculate your water charges - this is why actual water usage is shown for two months on your bill.
Meter Read Months: January, March, May, July, September, November
Estimate Months: February, April, June, August, October, December
Prepaid Bulk Water Accounts can be set up at the Bruderheim Town Office, and the fill station is located at the Public Works office. After completing the appropriate form, an access code will be provided to you, and the account will require a 4 digit pin number. The access code and pin number will be your responsibility, so please keep this information in a safe place.
Cost: $5.50 per cubic meter as of January 1st, 2016
Fill Station Location:
5324 - 52 Avenue
- Bruderheim gets its water from the Vegreville Water Corridor.
- The Town does not have a treatment facility, but rather has a 2,273 cubic meter capacity reservoir with distribution pumps. The 44 hydrants within the Town are serviced twice per year. Chlorine levels within the water are tested each working day, and four samples per month test for bacteria content.
- Wastewater is treated with a lagoon system, which utilizes natural processes
- Lagoons are maintained by Public Works under regulations set out by the Alberta Environment Wastewater Code of Practice
- Lagoon effluent is tested and released once per year each spring
Other Local Utility Companies
Telus (phone) 310-2255
Shaw (phone, internet, cable) 780-490-3555
Epcor (electricity) 310-4300
Direct Energy (natural gas) 1-866-374-6299
Fortis (street lights) 310-WIRE
GFL Environmental is contracted by Bruderheim to pick up garbage and recycling items within Town limits.
Pick Up Schedule:
- Residential garbage and recycle pick up: every Thursday
- Commercial garbage pick up: every Friday
- Please note: Your garbage and recycling totes need to be on the curb by 7:00am to ensure pick up
Please see the garbage and recycling instructions for more information.
Yes, homeowners are responsible for their garbage and recycling totes. Each tote has a specific number linked to your address, so the Town Office may be able to assist you in your search. Damaged or missing totes can be replaced at a cost o the homeowner. Contact us at:
In Person: 5017 Queen Street
Yes, missing wheels and broken axels should be reported to the Town Office, and they will be replaced on location at no cost.
Yes, garbage and recycling totes are picked up by a mechanical arm, and require a minimum of 3 feet of clear space on both sides.
Bruderheim Administration arranges large item pick up twice a year, once in the spring and once in the fall. Residents are notified of the dates via the Town Newsletter, website and the Town signs.
No, you need to contact Atco Gas at 1-800-511-3447 (24 hr).
When your sewer is backing up, a plumber is the best person to determine where and why a blockage is occurring, and to fix the problem. If it is a recurring problem, we suggest you contact us at 780-796-3731 to arrange for a video inspection of the service line to your home.