Paying Your Bill
Water, sewer, garbage and recycling costs are based on the Fees and Charges and are all included on your monthly utility bill.
Water bills are sent out at the end of each month. Payment is due on or by the 15th of each month (regardless of which day the 15th falls on.) Late payments are assessed at a 5% penalty rate.
Water consumption is assessed as follows: One month, water is estimated at a flat rate of 3,000 gallons (13.5 cubic meters). The following month an actual reading is taken. This is why actual water usage is shown for two months on your bill. Any consumption over the flat rate of 3,000 gallons is assessed at .90 per 100 gallons.
Meter Read Months: January, March, May, July, September, November
Estimate Months: February, April, June, August, October, December
Payment can be made in the following ways:
- Automatic Withdrawal:
We are now offering all residents an automatic withdrawal for paying utility bills. Your water bill can be automatically withdrawn from your bank account on the 15th of every month.
If you're interested, please fill out this form, attach a void cheque and stop by the Town Office (5017 Queen Street) We will do the rest!
- In person
- Pay with cash, cheque, money order or debit at the Town Office (5017 Queen Street; Monday to Friday 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.)
- Sorry, we do not accept credit card payments
- By mail - send cheque or money order to:
Town of Bruderheim
Bruderheim, AB T0B 0S0
* Please do not mail cash
- Library Drop-Box
- You may drop your check or money order (no cash please!), along with the bottom portion of your utility bill, in a sealed envelope marked "Town of Bruderheim" into the Metro Kalyn Community Library drop-box (5017 Queen Street)
- Town Administration staff check the library drop-box every weekday morning
- Please be sure to include your account number
- Online / Telephone Banking
- Payments can be made through most financial institutions
For utility billing inquiries, hook ups or disconnects please contact the Town Office:
5017 Queen Street