Tax Appeals

Home > Municipal Services > Finances and Taxes > Tax Appeals



If you have any questions or concerns about your property tax assessment, please contact the Director of Finance at the Town Office (780-796-3731; 5017 Queen Street) during regular business hours (8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.). The Director will arrange a meeting with your assessor, who will provide you with information on how your assessment was prepared and help you to determine whether your assessment is correct and equitable in relation to similar properties.

If after this meeting you still feel that your assessment does not reflect your property, you may file a complaint with the Assessment Review Board (ARB) within 60 days of receiving your assessment notice.

The ARB is a special tribunal established under the Municipal Government Act to hear complaints against property assessments. 


Make a Complaint

It is important to talk to your assessor before filing a complaint.  Every year most concerns are resolved before complaints reach the Assessment Review Board.  Call the Director of Finance at 780-796-3731.  If an error is found, assessors are able to make changes to your assessment before you file a complaint.

To make a complaint about your tax assessment, you must submit a completed complaint form and any supporting attachments, the agent authorization form, and the prescribed filing fee to the person and address required as shown on the combined tax / assessment notice, prior to the deadline indicated on your tax notice. Complaint forms are also available at the Town Office, located at 5017 Queen Street.

Each assessment in dispute requires a separate completed complaint form and required fee. Complaints with an incomplete complaint form, complaints submitted after the filing deadline, or complaints without the required filing fee, are invalid.

Please note:

  • Complaint forms and agent authorization forms must be filled out completely.
  • You have 60 days between receiving your assessment notice and the date complaints are due. Use this time to speak to your assessor.  If an error is found, the assessor may amend your assessment prior to you filing a complaint.


For more information on property taxes and assessment, please check out the Municipal Affairs website.